All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What about... Android?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:54 pm 

Hey guys!
I know that at the moment this is impossible, there are a lot of things to deal with (bugs, problems with Google security and all this stuff), but I thought that an Android app would be so GREAT! On the other side, you could use the Android app to earn some money through the store!
I hope someday this can be possible!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 am 

Nope. I seriously doubt it for two reasons:

1- The guys running the market probably have to follow the same guidelines than the guys running the Chrome apps site, which rejected AMR.
2- Mango, an app that does something similar to AMR for Android, was removed from the market quite a while ago for the reason stated above. There might be clones still lingering within the market, but they will eventually be shot down as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:20 am 
AMR Hero

Yeah, exactly. If we do make one, we won't be able to market it on the Play Store, for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:15 pm 

Maybe if you change the code of the extension so it can be placed on the chrome store, maybe they can accept it on the play store too.
Nevertheless, you can install apps from other sources, so the question would be to look for a way to distribute the app, maybe in the AMR web page and follow with the donation strategy or thinking about a way to send the app to the people who pay just some other way!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:55 am 
AMR Hero

Yeah, but programming the app would take lots of work, and just like programming the extension for firefox or opera, Polo does not have the time. Furthermore, there are plenty of good android applications already out there, as mentioned before (like mangawatcher or mango) that are just as usable. So sorry, but it probably will not happen in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:42 pm 

I know, I didn't mean in the near future, but i hope that some day I can see an AMR app, because I love the Chrome extension! I think that recently the community has been more active, maybe there's someone else interested in programming the app around here! :D
These are just some ideas, all I wanna do is help you with new ideas, that's all! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:18 am 
AMR Hero

Hahaha thanks then, great idea =]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:54 pm 
AMR Hero

Someone516 wrote:
Yeah, but programming the app would take lots of work, and just like programming the extension for firefox or opera, Polo does not have the time. Furthermore, there are plenty of good android applications already out there, as mentioned before (like mangawatcher or mango) that are just as usable. So sorry, but it probably will not happen in the near future.

That's why I asked Polo to make the api documentation so we can see how amr work and help him fix the mains' scripts (the backbone of amr).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:35 pm 
AMR Hero

mmk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:36 am 

Even if the app will not be featured on Google Play, we can download it from the site. I am doing this with another app, that I am currently using on Android.
Regarding the costs, maybe we can launch donation company for Android app? I really want to have an app that can store my reading history, so that next time my hdd or smartphone will crash (that really happened), I will have the possibility to sync data from server. That would be really best. I usually use only free soft, but for this I would gladly pay and donate.

The app I am using now is free, but has ads. If you want it without ads, you should pay for ads free version. Maybe you could do the same way.

But please please please consider Android!! ^^