All Mangas Reader

Discuss the extension, report bugs and request new features.
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:13 am 

Hi all,
This is a problem that's only loosely associated with AllMangasReader, so apologies and hope I'm not breaking any rules.

Basically it appears that the new mangafox/fanfox and also mangahere, do not work with Chrome Canary. The sites work and everything but none of the manga pages on any manga series will load if you click into it. It does work on Chrome main though.

Now the problem with just using Chrome main is that annoying problem where if you have an unofficial extension installed (like AMR) then it'll popup that warning asking you if you want to load the extension everytime you boot up Chrome. So I prefer Canary to avoid this one problem.

Anybody got any ideas to get around either the Canary supportability on the manga sites, or turning off that stupid popup on Chrome?
I am running Windows 10 Home not Pro, so I am unable to make any changes required in the fixes regarding Policy changes to bypass the popup. Any other ideas?

Last edited by knifed on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:49 pm 

Looks like I might have found the root cause of the problem, and it's bad news because it looks like it will eventually affect Chrome as well, not just Canary.

As of right now, Chrome main is on Chrome build 64, and Canary is on Chrome build 66. According to this news post and the official thawte post below, a lot of certificates will be distrusted by Chrome starting from build 66.
https://www.itnews.com.au/news/chrome-t ... ear-469688
https://search.thawte.com/support/ssl-d ... id=SO29613

I checked the hosting servers behind mangafox/fanfox and it looks like they're using thawte certs that fall under the category that will be distrusted, so this is probably the reason it's not working for Canary, but working for Chrome currently.

Guess it's a server side issue that they have to update their certs quickly to satisfy new industry standards.

Question now is - are we confident that those hosting services (the one I saw hosting one of the fanfox manga i randomly picked was secure.footprint.net) would update their certificates before Chrome hits version 66. If not, we need to migrate off mangafox/fanfox quickly so we need some serious help coding for a new site mirror :(

I'm guessing the same problem applies to mangahere as well :(